All content © Malaysian Video Awards (unless stated otherwise). Contact us
Jan 9 Mon La Haine (Hate) (Mathieu Kassovitz, France, 1995) AF
Jan 16 Mon Hidden Blade (Yoji Yamada, Japan, 2004)
Jan 20 Fri A Poet (Puisi Tak Terkuburkan)(Garin Nugroho, Indonesia, 2000)
Jan 23 Mon The Corporation (Mark Achbar, Canada, 2004)
Feb 6 Mon The Servant (Joseph Losey, GB, 1963)
Feb 13 Mon The Day a Pig Fell into the Well (Hong Sang-soo, Korea, 1996)
Feb 20 Mon The Wall (Le Mur) (Yilmaz Guney, France, 1983) AF
Feb 27 Mon Umberto D (Vittorio de Sica, Italy, 1952)
Mar 6 Mon La Reine Margot (Patrice Chereau, France, 1994) AF
Mar 13 Mar The Battle of Algiers (Gillo Pontecorvo, Algeria-Italy, 1965)
Mar 20 Mon Malaysian Shorts free admission
Mar 27 Mon Malaysian Documentaries free admission
Apr 3 Mon Time Regained (Le Temps Retrouve)(Raoul Ruiz, France, 1999) AF
Apr 11 Tues Accident (Joseph Losey, GB, 1967)
Apr 17 Mon Don Giovanni (Joseph Losey, Fr-Italy, 1979)
Apr 24 Mon Sherman's March (Ross McElwee, US, 1985)
All screenings at 8.00pm at HELP Univ College, Pusat Bandar Damansara, KL.
Membership: RM60 1 year (students half price); RM40 6 months; RM30 4 months.
Free reciprocal admission for members to KSFM & Alliance Francaise screenings (for info on AF film programs, logon or call www.alliancefrancaise.org.my / 03-26947880/ 03-20931735. AF above indicates films contributed by Alliance Francaise.
Free admission for HELP University College students to all KSFM & AF screenings.
Enquiries: 012-2255136 / email@example.com/Website: kelabsenifilem.tripod.com
Highlights of the new season
1. Three films by Joseph Losey, the versatile and eclectic American director who chose to work in Britain in the later part of his career - two of which ( The Servant & Accident ) are scripted by Nobel literature laureate Harold Pinter.
2. A classic of Italian neo-realism Umberto D by Vittorio de Sica, director of Bicycle Thieves.
3. Four outstanding films from the Alliance Francaise - La Haine , The Wall , La Reine Margot & Time Regained ) - all favourites of the arthouse circuit.
4. Gillo Pontecorvo's classic Battle of Algiers - powerful, unflinching, and so realistic it's like watching a documentary.
5. Garin Nugroho's A Poet - a lesser film in his oeuvre but nonetheless of great political importance. Kelab plans to bring Garin to Malaysia in 2006 tog with a program of his films.
6. ...and of course new editions of Malaysian Shorts & Documentaries.
7. Other special programs to be announced in due course.
Wishing all our friends, members and supporters Happy New Year!
For more information please contact Mr. Wong
"Oberhausen 2006" CALL FOR ENTRIES
SICAF2006 10th Seoul International Cartoon & Animation Festival: The festival of the Multi Cultural Contents based on Cartoon & Animation, 24 - 28 May 2006
SICAF(Seoul Int Cartoon & Animation Festival) sets out with Animated Film Festival, Exhibition-Convention & SPP (SICAF Promotion Plan). SICAF is one of significant cartoon-animation contents market as well as artworks outlet in Asia providing opportunities for tasting new trend of industry, exploiting trade market, finding business partners & competing creative artworks throughout its main progrs. The 10th edition SICAF will be held from May 24 - 28, 2006 at SETEC (Seoul Trade Exhibition Center) for Exhibition-Convention & SPP, at COEX Megabox for Animated Film Fest. We hereby cordially propose you to take part in our SICAF to explore new horizon of business opportunities as well as promising artworks. Since its inception in 1995, SICAF animated film festival has been the gateway to introduce a big range of world animation & the trend as well as new point of view of animation. More than 1,000 films a year are submitted to its competition & non-competition categories. The application form & regulations are placed on our website : www.sicaf.or.kr for the download.
· Qualification for Entry Any frame by frame or computer assisted animation video or film made for the cinema, TV &/or the internet may be entered. Only works completed after Jan 2004 & never previously entered for selection at
SICAF can be taken into consideration.
· Entry Deadline: Feb 20, 2006
· Competition Category
1) Feature Films : Films produced for the purpose of theatrical release
2) Short Films : Within 30 mins in length
a) Professional Films
b) School & Graduation Films
3) TV & Commissioned Films
a) TV Films
- TV Series
- TV Specials
b) Commissioned Film
- Advertising or promotional films
- Educational, scientific, or industrial films
- Video clip (music, game, etc.)
4) Internet Animation : The animation works created
using the internet technique.
■ SPECIAL PROGS SICAF 2006 Animated Film Fest pays attention to the trend of convergence accepting the artistic qualities & new technologies of experimental challenges thru new platforms. SICAF has been established itself as the fest focusing not only on the animation as a kind of
visual contents but also on the animation as a part of the digital contents industry. The special prog sections include: 'SICAF Perspective'
presenting the uniqueness of the fest, 'Inspiration of Asia' & 'Retrospective & Flash Back' composed of
special themes, & 'Family Square' to be enjoyed with the audience. With such progs, SICAF 2006 Animated Film Fest aims to be an open event which is fun&d introducing new trends of the animation industry.
· SICAF Perspective
Enjoy the variety of animated films selected by the
unique viewpoint of SICAF. This section presents the newest trend of world animation that SICAF pays
attention to, & you can have a thorough look from the mainstream trend to the newest films from all around the world
· Inspiration of Asia
This section highlights the eminence of & the
interrelationship between the cultures of Asian
countries, presenting Asian films not well known to
the audience by far. Feel the potential of Asian
animation that attracted the world!
· Family Square
Fun! Fun! More Fun!
Bringing people to the Dreamy Movie Factory.
This section focuses on various films from the
viewpoint of children as well as parents together.
This section is composed of the films recommended by the selection committee, tho they could not be
included in the final competition. 'Panorama' will
provide a chance to meet the newest film under
· Jury Special Prog
Films produced, directed, or recommended by the
selection committee members & the international juries will be screened in this section.
· Retrospective & Flash Back
This section prepares a special place for the audience to meet the masterpieces that have been loved to the present. The world best films with a long-time request will be selected for this section.